Consular registration and the issuance of a consular registration card are processed for citizens aged 19 years and older. For an Algerian woman married with an Algerian national she can be registered as a subsidiary along with the husband principal registration as well as children under 19, they are registered with the parents as subsidiary.
Please provide the following documents when applying for consular registration:
- First registration application form filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Original birth certificate (copie intégrale E.C. 12);
- Original father’s birth or death certificate;
- Applicants born abroad (outside Algeria) must provide the birth or death certificate of their grand-father or a certificate of Algerian nationality;
- Copy of proof of legal residence in South Africa, Botswana or Lesotho (work permit, study permit, business permit…);
- Proof of address in the country of residence (Copy of any utility bill);
- Four (4) recent passport-sized photographs;
- Proof of employment or enrolment certificate for students;
- Copy of the marriage certificate (for married citizens);
- Original Algerian passport and photocopies of the two first pages and the pages containing the entrance visa and the residence permit,
- A stamped self-addressed envelope when applying by mail (for the safety of your documents, we recommend a recorded delivery envelope).